The castle had a lot of owners. In 1848 it was inhabited by the family d'Artevelde, Colonel Ruyter enlarged the castle and domain in 1865. Madame Casse – Bruynsieraden had a chapel built in 1870. Other owners were, Baron van Reynegom, Raymond van Ypserselede Strihou, Peemans and the Family De Roeck. The castle was originally built in neo classical style. In 1930 the owner mister De Roeck had the front cemented and removed the window blinds.
The castle is currently owned by the town of Sint-Katelijne Waver who uses it for all kind of cultural events.