This little castle was build in 1871 for August de Rouck on the highest part of his domain so he could have a majestic look over his property. George Henry bought the domain in 1887 and it is he who is responsible for the beautiful park around the castle. Around the year 1900 Philippe Plancgaert van Eden bought the domain and remodeled the castle in neo Flemish renaissance style. Seven years later the domain changed hands again when Knight van Male de Ghorain bought the estate. It stayed in that family until the city Zottegem purchased the domain. Currently there is a tavern / restaurant in the castle and the park is open to walk in.