The only thing that is left of the old medieval castle of Londerzeel is one restored tower. The castle is first mentioned in 1474. Although there are no illustration kept of the castle there are a few writings that describe the castle. There were at least three towers that were connected by curtain walls, the dwelling was surrounded by a moat and had an drawbridge.
The castle was in the hands of the Oranje – Nassau's. The stronghold was destroyed together with the church and most of the village by the Spanish army around 1592.