Clicking on the thumbnails will give you a bigger picture in a new window


D'ACOZ

The domain of d'Acoz goes back to the 12th century when it was an outbuilding for the abbey of Floreffe. The fortified castle that belonged to the Marotte family was build between the second part of the XVI century and the beginning of the XVII century. The castle was transferred to the d'Udekem family in 1759. This family was already known in the 12th century. Catherine d'Udekem inherited the castle from her nephew Count de Quiévrain. When she died, her nephew Jacques d'Udekem d'Acoz inherited the castle. d'Acoz was added to d'Udekem by King Leopold II.
Currently the antique dealer Tony Cammaert who took it upon himself to restore the castle owns this castle. Big parts of the castle are already restored and are open to the public on certain occasions. Often there are also classical concert held in some of the many beautiful rooms of the castle. Castle d'Acoz can be found to the South of Charleroi between Loverval and Gerpinnes.

BACK TO THE PROVINCE HAINAULT