HOF VAN DELFT
This castle also known as Laarkasteel or St-Lucassite was erected in neo-Flemish style in 1903. There was however already a castle with moat on this side in 1502. This castle was remodeled in the 19th century. Knight Leo van Delft commissioned the construction of a new castle to replace the 19th century castle. The domain was bought in 1945 by N.V. Domein het Laar. They sold most of the park domain into building lots and refurbished the castle in 1946 as a hospital. In 1948 they added new hospital wings against the castle. In 1968 an psychiatric wing was added. After the building of a new hospital in Brasschaat the hospital closed down. A nursery was started in the old hospital buildings and also a shelter house for political refugees. The castle itself is still used as justice of the peace court until 2010. What will happen to the castle after this is not know. On the old photo you can see the castle before the ugly hospital buildings were added. Hof Van Delft can be found in the village of Ekeren.