Clicking on the thumbnails will give you a bigger picture in a new window


DRIE TORENS

Castle Drie Torens can be found in Ursene a hamlet of the village Londerzeel. The castle goes very far back in time. It was for the first time mentioned in written documents dating back to the wars of Grimbergen that went on between 1142 and 1159.
The feudal estate was subordinate to the Counts of Flanders. At the end of the 16th century the castle was bought by Willem Van Doetighem and his wife Johanna Pypenpoy. In 1764 it was owned by the Duchess of Croy Maximiliana Theresia D'Ougnies, Countess and Baronnes of Grimbergen. She sold it to Gaspar Josephus Boot, Lord of Sombeke. His son Carolus Honderd would give the castle its current look in 1786.
The castle is since more then 150 years in the hands of the Viscounts Spoelberch.
So the castle is private property but can be viewed from the public road.

BACK TO THE PROVINCE BRABANT