HOUTAIN - LE - VAL
The history of this castle goes back to the 13th century when there was a keep. Only the foundations of this keep are left. The castle underwent throughout the centuries lot of restorations and remodelling periods. The last major rebuilding took place between 1854 and 1860 by architect A. Balat. In 1904 a last alteration took place. When the German forces retreated in 1944 they tried to arson the castle but with the help of all villager the fire could be put out quickly. The castle stands in the middle of the village and it can be viewed from the public road.