Castle Meylandt is currently used as an art academy. The park is freely accessible. The history of Meylandt goes back to 1385 when it was first mentioned as Hof ter Boeckt. The name Milandt is for the first time used in 1603. Knight Arnold de Theux becomes owner of the estate through marriage in 1715. He turns the castle into a luxurious place. In 1842 it is again remodeled thoroughly by Bartelémy-Théodore Count de Theux de Meylandt. The current neo-classical style dates from 1907 when Count Albert de Theux de Meylandt did again big renovations. The town of Heusden bought the castle in 1959.