Baron Gaston- Henri part of the famous Cogels family buys in 1778 a 20 hectares domain. He orders architect De Grooff to design a castle that was erected in 1881. The castle was enlarged in 1901. The castle stayed in the hands of the same family until 1922. It was sold to a bankers family who in their turn sold it to a religious congregation. They added an extra wing shortly after WWII. For a few decades the castle became the home of about 50 monks. In the 50's they enlarged the castle again. An Asian group bought the castle and planned to start a private school. That plan never materialized. The castle is renovated and turned into eight luxurious apartments now.