Clicking on the thumbnails will give you a bigger picture in a new window


CHATEAU FERME DE RONCHINNE

This castle farm started out in the second half of the 13th century as a keep when it was property of Libert de Ronchinne. In 1306 it is Enguerrand de Ronchine who is lord of the castle. In the 15th century it is the Hun family who takes possession of the stronghold. Later on also the families Durin and de Rosée would own the castle. Through marriage the estate goes to the Mirbich at the beginning of the 17th century. Wignacourt are the owners until 1763. Later on it is the Fernan-Nunez who owns it until 1850. Prince Napoléon buys the domain in 1910. These days it is property of the Ursel family. The 13th century keep is through the centuries surrounded by more buildings. Restorations, enlargements and remodeling took place in the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th century.
So the castle farm is private property but can be viewed from the public road.

BACK TO THE PROVINCE NAMEN