The current castle of Waleffe was the principal seat of the Lords de Waleffe Saint-Pierre. They sold the castle in 1619 to Henri de Leirneux who left it to the family of Jean Curtius. The property went to Henri Joseph de Flaveau when the line of Curtius extinct in 1774. The current owners are the Barons of Potesta who inherited the castle in 1790.
The castle we still can see now was built in 1706 by the French engineer J. Verniole.
This beautiful estate together with the castle farm (dating back to the 14th century) is private property but can be admired from the public road.